January 1, 1983 – Belize, Central America, seemingly a world away soon became close to our hearts as Dell Lawton and Pablo Flores went to live among the people, ministering to their needs. Sixteen commissioners took a flight across the Gulf of Mexico for a special Belize Outreach. Today Jeffrey and Ruby Nickell lead the ministry with Patrick Heese working inside the Belize Central Prison and the Wagner Youth Facility. Jeffery was able to organize the aftercare transition Freedom House with a joint project of Prison Fellowship and Calvary Commission. Teams regularly travel to assist and bring in humanitarian assistance.
This year’s trip will be led by Patrick Heese as he escorts the team from Texas to Belize. In the past all male teams stayed at The Freedom House Dorm, however this year’s accommodations will be at the Belize Base Camp. These accommodations give the team access to a full-service kitchen, have hot water showers, Wi-Fi, and can house both men and women. Outreach opportunities include prison ministry and evangelism in the Las Flores neighborhood.
Ministry opportunities include:
- Neighborhood/Street evangelism
- Care ministry with Freedom House
- Relationship building with the people
- Prison ministry
- Excursion will be at a the ‘Blue Hole River’ and the beach in Placencia.
- Inoculations are NOT required
- Each person is required to have a passport to participate
- Cost per person includes lodging, transportation, meals, outreach funds for ministry. Airfare is separate.
- Visa issued at airport
- $50-$100 in spending money for souvenirs, snacks and eating out is suggested.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Trip Cost: $700 for lodging, ground transportation, meals, and outreach funds. Airfare cost will be around $500 if purchased early. Total Cost is approximately $1200
$250 deposit (to be counted towards airfare is due by February 15th. Total cost of airfare ticket is due March 1st. Remainder of trip funds due by April 1st.