Have a heart for Asia? Your gifts and talents are needed! Come join us in the Philippines this July! The Philippines is a great country to experience missions. While over 200 dialects are spoken in this country English is one of the primary languages used making this an easy country to minister in. Joe and Mari Kenna, Calvary Commission Staff, spent over 2 years in the Philippines and will be leading this trip to the island of Luzon. After arriving in Manilla, we will drive to the Cordillera Mountain Range where we will spend time in Baguio City and the surrounding area with various local outreach opportunities including jail ministry and working with churches and Christian organizations. After our time in the mountains we will spend a day of relaxation at one of the Philippine’s beautiful beaches. We will end our time in the Philippines by ministering in Manilla prisons and to families in Smoky Mountain garbage dump.
Ministry Opportunities include:
- Jail and prison ministry
- Music, drama, testimony opportunities
- Prayer and Intercession
- Children, youth and family ministry
- Outreach to the poor
- Distribution of food and clothing
- Local church ministry
- Inoculations are NOT required
- Each person is required to have a passport to participate
- Must be 16 years of age or older, under 18 must have parental consent form filled out by parents. Children under 16 are welcome to come with participating parent.
- This trip is 3 weeks, but you may opt to leave after our two weeks in Baguio. Price will be adjusted.
- Cost per person includes airfare, lodging, transportation, most meals, outreach funds for ministry (food, clothing, toiletries to be given away), and day off beach activity.
- Visa issued at airport
- $50-$100 in spending money for souvenirs, snacks and eating out is suggested.
Approximately $1700-$2200 depending on price of airfare tickets. Usually $1100-1200 round trip is the cost for tickets in July. Sometimes they can be found for $1000 or less if we are able to purchase them early enough.
$250 non-refundable deposit to go toward cost of tickets due by February 15th. Total ticket price due by March 1st. Remaining cost of trip will be split into two payments to be made May 1st and July 1st.